Friday 15 October 2010

My apologies!

My apologies for not having been adding new content here. I have been busy being involved in other things both at Annsbrae House and at St Magnus and St Colmans. Everything is going well and I am finally getting around to sorting out stuff in the Rectory. I have bought furniture and even some furniture polish. I found a great clock for the wall which get me saying "have you seen the time" all the time! My mum and Dad came up to visit with my brother and they enjoyed their stay and can now see why I want to be here. They did say though that the Rectory needed sorting..... and keeping warm!
Last week I went guizing! I joined a hen party at the other end of town and dressed up as a woman (borrowing a costume from the Amateur Dramatic Group.) Do you know, nobody turned a hair as I walked down the street! (Gusizing is quite a feature of life here at party time and of course Up Helly Aa.

Yesterday I met up again with Janette Kerr the Artist Eli and I met in the beginning of the year. She is up to continue her work and prepare for a big exhibition next year.


I will try to keep more up to date here

1 comment:

  1. I notice there's no photo of you guizing: shame! Good to see you and St. Magnus church mentioned in "Church Times" a little while back. Thank you for the sermon about the one in ten. I used that story in school Harvest services this year: remember to give thanks. We keep forgetting, don't we?

    ReplyDelete