Wednesday 13 July 2011

All Aboard!!

,
Outside St Colman's Church on Yell we have a great zip wire, I just cannot resist chilling out on it!!

Lerwick is going to feel a very different sort of place next week when the Tall Ships arrive. Most people are getting excited about the spectacle and there is certainly plenty going on. Many roads are closed or converted into one way systems. A Park and ride facility is operating from both ends of the town. We will not know what has hit us. it is expecetd 5000 visitors are arriving just to witness this event in these northern isles.

I will post some pictures when things start happening.

I am looking forward to a holiday south soon, and will be around Cambridge in the first two weeks of August, just in case anybody wants to buy me a decent pint (or two!)

1 comment:

  1. Neil. Good photo, I thought zip wires were for Children, I suppose being young at heart is OK. We are doing our bible reading stint in the Church tonight from 11 until 4 am. It seemed a good idea at the time!
    Hope to see you in August, we will be here. Regards Geoff

    ReplyDelete