Sunday 11 September 2011

Back from holiday!

I know it has been a while since I managed to up date you all with news etc. I have been away in Cambridge (twice!) on holiday, as some of you will already know. It was great to meet old friends again and drink decent beer. (Thank you the organizers of the Orwell show for getting in so many real ales for me to drink.) I was also able to officiate at the wedding of Sarah and Richard, which was a real privilege.  Sarah is now the first person that I have both baptised and married, so i was especially pleased to be able to do this.

Coming back to Shetland was also wonderful, and now I have another companion!! Leah the other black Labrador. (photos soon). She s in fact the niece of Eli, and is now 15 weeks old.. She is keeping us old boys in check! Great fun though.

Work continues to go well here, and I stay very busy. However I am having to re apply for my care post due to the Council's vacancy committee, which says that all new post have to be advertised and interviewed! I do not claim to fully understand the logic of this system, but in the meantime it is business just as normal and my works hours are just the same! There are a few of us in the same situation,

It is a lovely day here today at the moment, though We are expecting the tail end of the hurricane later, so everyone is preparing for this and the sea birds have already come in for shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment