Saturday 28 April 2012

Alive and Kicking!

Well yes! I am still alive and kicking... in fact very well indeed. Apologies for not adding more to the blog recently.
I am now on a permanent contract with my Annsbrae work and this means that I have annual leave entitlement and even sick pay should I need it. It also gives me a sense of security. My work with St Magnus and St Colman's also continues to go fine and all in all I am pretty well kept very busy. I am being made very welcome at the Anderson High School as Chaplain, and have even been commented upon (favorably) in the inspection report which the school recently had.

One bit of sad news is that Stuart Haves my old Junior School Teacher who brought me up to Shetland in 1971 along with 55 others has died at the age of 68. I have obviously always remembered that school adventure and as is obvious it has led on to actually shape and form my life. I am grateful to him for this and little did any of us realise the place the trip would have in my life.

Eli and Leah are both still fine, and Leah is now almost fully grown according to the vet, so she is going to be a small labrador just like her mum.

It snowed and hailed again here yesterday and it is still quite cold, though today it is actually bright. Maybe we could be getting warmer? However I did speak with someone yesterday who said that it was not unheard of to have blizzards on the 27th April.... he remembers two at least.


3 comments:

  1. that is good news..glad to see you back to Blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neil

    Thank you for your tribute to my wonderful Dad. It's lovely to know he touched so many lives. He was desperate to visit Shetland again but ill health prevented it. He did visit a few years ago and bought a hand knitted shawl for my children, which will become something of an heirloom. I hope I will get to see the places he loved so much one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachel, I would love to show you around so keep in touch. e mail me at revnab@btinternet.com if you want

    ReplyDelete