Saturday 1 February 2014

Some bits of news long overdue!

I know February is now upon us, and I am sorry it has taken so long to get writing.

However we have now begun our 150th Anniversary at St Magnus in Lerwick


Here is a picture painted at the turn of last century after the distinctive tower was added.


The Rectory is a lot different this winter thanks to the new windows. It s just as well we had them done because we have had such awful storms that either the windows upstairs may have blown out, or the wind would have found its way inside somehow.

We had a good Up Helly Aa last week and though it was very cold and windy it did stay dry for Da Galley burning.
Jack is busy getting read for his own even next week so I may have some pictures of that.

I am looking forward to introducing Rachel to te Lake District in April. We have booked a week at the Winchester Guest house in Keswick. Hopefully Hannah and Simon will be able to join us for a few days too which will be brilliant. Jack is staying back in Shetland as School is still on, but he will have fun with Grandma and Grandad and his own Dad too.

Work is going well and I am staying very busy. If it not one it is the other!

I must be settling in now because at a recent funeral I seemed to know  a lot of people who came along even though it was not at St Magnus or St Colman. Furthermore those who I did not already know came up to me after and said they knew me! (well actually my in laws and wife... I even met Rachels old teacher, and the lady who died actually used to live in the house Rachel grew up in... so there!


No comments:

Post a Comment