Saturday 21 November 2009

An empty house and open road... I hope



It is now just over a week before I finally pack the car with Eli and my last few belongings here and head north. It is very hard to say goodbye to all the people here who I have known for nearly 18 years. The days now all seem to contain at least one "moment of goodbye and thanks" and I very conscious of doing things here for the last time. Having said that I am excited about the future now and all set for it. I even have an interview on the 8th December for a care job, so I am keeping my fiingures crossed again. (I have applied for many jobs but only had three interviews so far)
I am now in a house without any furniture to speak of and it is very echoey. Eli has now invaded my bed in the day time at least! I kick him out into the porch at night... his usual place.
I am being well fed however with all the farewell meals and invites out, so I am ok in that department.
I shall be calling in to my mum and dad on the way up north and I am booked in on the Thursday night boast from Aberdeen. So Friday 4th looks like my arrival date.
There have been so many strange "coincidences" about Shetland since I went there on a school trip from St Georges Primary School in 1971. Something has called me there perhaps since then. I now have to discover what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment