Wednesday 1 June 2011

June arrives?



It may be June today, but it does not feel like it! Even a large cruise ship coming into harbour today seemed to turn around and head away again! Basically a horrible day for going out!

I have been at Annsbrae today which has seen me traveling some distances up and down the island. I continue to enjoy this work very much and my colleagues are just the best. It makes such a difference to work as part of a team instead of just on your own. (as it felt before)

The boat off Burrs is now breaking up and sending wreckage all over. It is so sad to see, but as it is well known fishing is still Britain's most dangerous occupations. The trouble is that most of the time these tragedies go un noticed.

My friends from Cambridge had a great time last week and have returned home to encourage others I think.

3 comments:

  1. Neil, Had a refresh I see, well done.(The blog, not you) The photo's look heavenly indeed. Ruth and Brian had a great time and said that you looked out for them very well and that the Croft was very nice. We will get to see you one of these days I just know it but it remains a little difficult to get away.
    It is great to have colleagues, after a good number of years I have taken on an old friend to work with me and it is nice for Wendy not to have to appear interested in work!
    I have to say that the baby rabbit looks less than impressed to be a plaything.
    I am surprised that the ship is breaking up so quickly, the seas are obviously very fierce. You are right to say that mariners are amongst the hardest hit of all workers, for many reasons.
    Must dash, keep well and keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new format Dad. Is that rabbit in Eli'a mouth real???

    ReplyDelete