Monday 22 February 2010

Hannah's Birthday!

A present for Hannah's Birthday


Well is is Hannah's birthday today and all the plans to chat on line to her this morning and wish her a Happy Birthday went out of the window when we had a power cut. Eevn the mobile phone was unable to pick up a signal outside in all the usual places so I can only suppose that te power to the mobile phone masts was also affected. Well any way later in the morning I did manage to get her on the mobile so greetings were sent!


It has been a little while since I last wrote on the blog, I am sorry about this it is not really because I had nithing to say, more the point that I had little time to get down and write it.

The induction days at the Walter and Joan Gray home have gone well, and I even managed to meet some of the people in between reading countless policies and Health and Safety guff. I have some more induction days this week too.

Ash Wednesday went well and we were able to go outside for the bonfire. I had thought maybe the weather would close in on us, but it held off just at the right moment. Funeral preparations went well and the funeral itself on Friday went well, though not without incident! The sun shone wonderfully however despite being blizzards for some in the morning.

We have been plagued with passing snow showers which seem to hit some places but not others. Yesterday I had to quickly evacuate from Yell when the snow came in very quickly and 2 inches fell in half an hour. It was tricky getting back to the ferry but I had a laugh too as the sheep looked like mobile snow balls.

Today it has been pretty poor weather, I did manage a walk in the snow with Eli this afternoon and discovered that my "art creation" (inspired by environment and society) was even better once the good man had dusted it. So I took a picture for you.

I am tempted to do some more of this on my walks, but they do take some time.

I had an interview on Saturday, and I have just heard that they woukd like me to be on their relief list of carers. (another relief list!) Once all the paperwork is completed and yet another disclosure has been completed I am to attend a weeks induction. (This is beginning to sound familiar!) I did enjoy the interview though and it went well. I am however pretty busy with one thing or another and juggling all the little pieces can be tricky. I have already had to try and swap one thing with another to fit two things in. It would seem I will just have to put up with juggling things for a few month more yet

Next week I start on the residential homes circuit... Each church takes a turn to lead a service and needless to say the "pisckies" play their part. Strangley in a few weeks I am down for one at the Walter and Joan, so that will be strange.

Well I will go and catch my tea now!

2 comments:

  1. I had a lovely day thank you Dad - missed you loads though. Did you make the beach sculpture yourself?
    Love you so muchxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to discover your blog, Neil. I've only visited Shetland twice, once with my son on a school orchestra trip, and then on a family holiday because we had been so smitten with it. Now overdue for a return visit, but your blog will do nicely until then!

    ReplyDelete