Thursday 25 February 2010

All is white

It is all very well having four part time jobs, but when they get cancelled due to the weather it is tough. I drove all the way to Scalloway yesterday, I left early too because I knew the roads were tricky, and when I got there I was told that I need not have come in because Day care was closed for the day. (That in itself was not surprising, but I thought I was still on induction!) Any way I turned around headed away.
Today was supposed to be a little better but the opposite is the case. The wind has picked up and the snow that was lying has drifted big time and now it is a white out outside with more snow falling too.
Fortunately I did get into tesco yesterday when the roads were better and get food for both me and Eli so we will not starve.
The already delayed Burns night supper I was going to on Friday night has been postponed again

I now have yet another "disclosure" ("CRB check" in english) so my application to be added to the teacher supply bank and additional supports bank can be processed now, this may open up another avenue for income. If not at least I have wallpaper!

Once I have got over the fact that there is no going out, and convinced Eli of the same too, it is fine here with the warm glow of the fire and some good books and poems to indulge in. so here we go....

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are snowed in again Dad - but glad you are safe and have food in the house. Good reading time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neil. Some lovely word pictures and a stunning picture of Foula. Interesting as always but did you really say you went to Tesco? Is there no escape!!
    Regards
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing pic of Foula - beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant picture of Foula, we didn't manage to get our cameras out at the one moment of snow and brilliant blue sky while we were there.
    We are pumping water off the pasture rather than under snow! Enjoy the warmth inside.

    ReplyDelete