Monday 8 February 2010

How to pick up a box!

Did you think like me that it was easy enough to pick up a box?

Last Tuesday I started my "Moving and Handling" training and after the demonstration and talk through I was asked to pick up the box.... I was suddenly aware that I did not know how to do it! There followed two days of briefing and demonstrating and lots of practice on how to move people safely from one place to another. I am sure I cannot remember it, but I am told that at first I will be with someone anyway to refresh my memories.

Tomorrow I have my first "official" Crossroads visit.

Yesterday was a Yell Day again, and I have begun working with the "Readers in training" there. This should proove interesting and I will look forward to helping them in their two year training course as a local tutor. At least I get paid a little for this work.

Today I have been asked to go to Orkney for a day meeting (expenses paid) so that is nice. A trip to somewhere I have wanted to visit. I get to stay in a hotel too!!! What is more I have also been asked if I will go over to the "Skerries" to lead worship in the church there (Church of Scotland). That will be very interesting if it comes off. It seems not many people are too keen to go over there to lead a service. I may find out why!

1 comment:

  1. Neil. Good to hear that things are moving and a number of different areas opening up, I guess it seems to you that it has taken a while but it all seems quick to me. Wendy could have told you how to pick up a box, she has been picking up her handbag for years without any damage. Good luck with the Church of Scotland it is not something I know anything about, same God I suppose? Chat soon Regards Geoff

    ReplyDelete