Tuesday 15 December 2009

Tuesday 15th

It is slightly cooler here today but not at all bad. I think it is much colder in Cambridgeshire from what I can learn. Last night the bishop of aberdeen and I went out for supper in a local eatery. I chose one out of Lerwick. There were a group of ladies having their Christmas dinner there, and later in the evening I began to have the odd exchange with them, especially when the CD being played started to skip and jump. I suggested they could all sing better than that. Some suggested we had a duet! a little later two of the ladies started commenting on some hymn they had been singing... this was when I realised they were probabbly some local church guild.. this proved to be correct. we had a few more exchanges and then out of the blue one lady suddenly exclaimed "is there a reverend Brice in the room?". I had never met her nor she me, but somehow she knew I was on Shetland and had heard I had moved up. I owned up to being the person in question! Quite a strange moment amongst a bunch of strangers.

This morning seems to be brightening up. Eliu and I have already been over the headland known as the "hurds". This is one of our favourite morning jaunts. The sea was calm today with a cool nrtherly breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment