Thursday 7 January 2010

7th January


I have found heaven.... The Perrie Cafe has a wireless network!!! So now I can drink Coffee, eat soup and update blog while sitting in one of my favourite cafes.
I have now "signed on". what a process, but at least on Setland the faces are friendly when they interview you. I have also had my eyes tested, and discovwer that eye tests are free for us Scotlnders! I am about to get my hair cut.... I miss you Sarah! (Hopefully they will recognise past good labour) I have also finally sorted the council tax out too..

Quite a productive morning so far.

The weather is bright and cold, and I think the worst of the snow is now over.

No doubt many of you down south caught a glimpse of Shetland on the national news last night.... a car slid off the snowy road and killed the driver! I was on that stretch of raod yesterday and saw the fire engine racing to the scene. Needless to say it was not me.... and I am still alive.

If Neil reads this he may be interested to hear that Pottingers pineapple was playing in the Market Cross this morning when I walked through.

That is all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment