Wednesday 6 January 2010

The Epiphany (6th January)





Well here we are in 2010. I am sorry I have not added anything for a few days, no excuse really, I just didn't get around to it.

We have had snow on the ground now since just before Christmas and generally it has just laid there freezing. It is odd to walk over a snow covered beach and feel like skating. I have slipped over a few times and you do have to be careful, even on the pavements in Lerwick.

The pictures here were all taken this morning except for the Yell Ferry arriving at Toft to pick me up the other day. The picture of Foula on the skyline I have been trying to get for days but each time I go to take it the Island vanishes.
Eli and I have a regular walk over the "hurds" in the morning and today everything was very calm, but you could see snow coming from the north and I learnt it is already snowing in Lerwick.

Today I have to hang around for the Job centre people to phone me back. I am still waiting for the CRB clearence to come through to start work at the Walter and Joan home, so in the meantime I have to "sign on". They seem to think that the time of the unemployed does not matter as they said it could be any time between 1 and 6 and I have to wait in for them. I have already had 25 mins on the phone completeing the first part of the application process.

Well it does mean that I will be able to prepare for Sunday and write my sermon. I am thinking about meals I think and how central they could be for who we are. We will see.

Travelling on the roads has been les than fun recently and you really do have to watch out. I have now bought a tow rope having used other ones twice now in as many weeks. I keep a snow shovel and salt in the car and have used it a few times already either for me or others. It took a good 45 mins to get out of a fix the other day!

I am off to Yell a week on Sunday again for the service, thhey are great folk and last time Eli enjoyed it so much he wants to come again.

I will try to add some more again soon do not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment