Saturday 16 January 2010

The Windy North


Yesterday, and all day today, (Saturday)we have been facing heavy wind. It has been very dramatic at sea, and I went for a walk on a beach in the south yesterday and it was fantastic seeing the south facing beach being washing by southerly winds and heavy seas. It was also an amazingly interesting beach catching all that bobs around in the sea. The geology was also fascinating with great swaths of white stones and pebbles lying next to another patch of similar but dark grey pebbles, and then another patch with flat gray pebbles too... all on one beach. I had not been to it before but I will go again with more daylight to enjoy it.

Today walking is almost impossible. Even Eli is walking at 45 degrees to the ground, so I have spent pretty much the whole day indoors either doing housework (yes!) or watching the Snooker on TV... which was such an exciting match too, so I am glad I saw it.

The Ferries have been cancelled last night and until Monday due to heavy weather. Tomorrow I am due to go up to Yell and I hope the inter island ferry is running. The forecast is saying it should be better tomorrow from the wind point of view.

Today at last my disclosure (CRB) has come through, so I will be on to the Walter and Joan on Monday to see about my induction training.

I have registered at the Health Centre and Eli is registered at the vets now too. They say he is in good form and shape and perfect weight, fit and healthy... shame he was neutered.
I see the nurse on Monday for my "welcome to the Health Centre Check" I wonder what she might say.....!!! shame about the body ... perhaps he should be neutered? (maybe)
Of course I will not tell you what she really says, that is unless she mistakes me for a god! (I know that is not at all likely)

I found Rowan Atkinson on You Tube today.... brilliant...Check him doing "The Creed" and "Jesus" (where he reads about the wedding at Cana. It will lift your day.

more pictures next week I hope, for now it is tea time.

No comments:

Post a Comment